About Me

My photo
I was raised in California, where my family ranched along with my parents raising us 5 kids, sometimes a few extra with them involved in foster care. I remember as a little girl how I loved watching my Dad ride...especially the gritty horses. He has a special way with horses. I knew from a kid that I wanted to marry a Cowboy...so I did. Although I haven't been a Wyoming Wife for long, my husband and I live an exciting life together. Not only are we partners but were the best of friends. These are going to be stories which include my emotions (which as a female they seem to be on the fritz sometimes!), days gone bad, and days that ended absolutely perfect. All in all...this is just a journal of my crazy, beautiful life as a Wyoming Wife.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Kody and Helga

Kody is the best roper in the world…I think he could out rope Trevor Brazile. He is breathtaking, I love watching him throw big fancy loops, half way across the branding pen. It gives me butterflies. Kody has been butting heads with a Read Roan Mare, he calls her something inappropriate. I just call her Helga. She is stout, fast and a typical red head. Kody doesn’t but heads with her anymore. He has rode her hard gathering cows, tagging calves and finally to the point where he can rope and dally with out her having a hissy fit…a hissy fit Paris Hilton would throw if she couldn’t get a new Louis Vuitton purse. She doesn’t spook at the same pile of branches everyday, she will go through a gate without having to be heavily persuaded with a leather quirt. She has learned so much with my cowboy husband teaching her through it all. I’m not bragging or any thing, but I married the best man in the world.
 
 
This is how tough Helga is...I think she is asleep.



Kody is all smiles...I smile when I look at him too!


I love this picture so much! Thanks to my awesome sister in law Krystal for taking these pictures!

~Wyoming Wife
 

No comments:

Post a Comment