About Me

My photo
I was raised in California, where my family ranched along with my parents raising us 5 kids, sometimes a few extra with them involved in foster care. I remember as a little girl how I loved watching my Dad ride...especially the gritty horses. He has a special way with horses. I knew from a kid that I wanted to marry a Cowboy...so I did. Although I haven't been a Wyoming Wife for long, my husband and I live an exciting life together. Not only are we partners but were the best of friends. These are going to be stories which include my emotions (which as a female they seem to be on the fritz sometimes!), days gone bad, and days that ended absolutely perfect. All in all...this is just a journal of my crazy, beautiful life as a Wyoming Wife.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Houndsman’s Wife’s Prayer

The Houndsman’s Wife’s Prayer

I ask for Mother Nature to come dressed with snow
And sometimes the sun, so the dogs have to work in the dirt
I ask for safety in the Pine ridges and the dark canyons below
May we sleep in our bed each night and recover every dog right after the hunt
I pray our horses feet don’t get soft
And Lord keep our ponies noses out of the dirt
And our butts in the saddle
I pray for big toms to be easy on our dogs
I pray for lions to be treed high and bobcats to snarl in a cedar
I ask that fur prices are above and beyond
Comparable to last year would be just fine
I pray that our vet bills be low and the fuel prices down
Lord, we love to be in the mountains
And you’ve blessed us so
Thanks lord for good dogs
We couldn’t ask for a better pack
Keep em’ safe
And Lord, we ask that you be with us when we run that track. 


Thank you for reading

Love,

Wyoming Wife

2 comments: