About Me

My photo
I was raised in California, where my family ranched along with my parents raising us 5 kids, sometimes a few extra with them involved in foster care. I remember as a little girl how I loved watching my Dad ride...especially the gritty horses. He has a special way with horses. I knew from a kid that I wanted to marry a Cowboy...so I did. Although I haven't been a Wyoming Wife for long, my husband and I live an exciting life together. Not only are we partners but were the best of friends. These are going to be stories which include my emotions (which as a female they seem to be on the fritz sometimes!), days gone bad, and days that ended absolutely perfect. All in all...this is just a journal of my crazy, beautiful life as a Wyoming Wife.

Friday, July 29, 2011

A Final Farewell

Last Christmas my family got a very unexpected, dreadful phone call. Our Uncle had passed away at the age of 43 while lying on the couch taking a nap. Uncle David Christian Barrett was my Moms only brother and my Grandparents only son. My Mom and Grandma left on the next flight out to comfort my Aunt Lori and mourn over the loss of a beloved person. My Dad and Grandpa left the same morning, but driving with all the kids. I was unable to go….but I terribly wanted too.

A grave site service was planned for the month of July and we as a family could comfort each other, because there is no better comfort than a family coming together for each other during such a desperate time. 7 Months after the loss of my Uncle, we were able to start laughing and telling stories instead of being numb.
The grave stone had been placed in the ground, my aunt sang a beautiful song, while a few people stood up and reminisced of a life taken too soon.

 
We had a picnic in the park and visited with family we hadn’t seen for years.  And we wished my baby brother Cody a Happy Birthday.


 
I’m really not sure why all of us kids end up wrestling at family gatherings…if you come from a wrestling family you would understand. I guess we will just have to face it, all of us together cannot take Troyboy down...he is an animal. 

 
 
 
Later that evening we wanted to send my uncle out with a bang, just as he would want us to do. We lit hundreds of fireworks in a residential area. It was fun, and everyone made it through the night with all their eyebrows intact. We danced on the side walk while the little kids stood in amazement of all the sparkling lights.

We had fun, just like Uncle David would have wanted us too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment