About Me

My photo
I was raised in California, where my family ranched along with my parents raising us 5 kids, sometimes a few extra with them involved in foster care. I remember as a little girl how I loved watching my Dad ride...especially the gritty horses. He has a special way with horses. I knew from a kid that I wanted to marry a Cowboy...so I did. Although I haven't been a Wyoming Wife for long, my husband and I live an exciting life together. Not only are we partners but were the best of friends. These are going to be stories which include my emotions (which as a female they seem to be on the fritz sometimes!), days gone bad, and days that ended absolutely perfect. All in all...this is just a journal of my crazy, beautiful life as a Wyoming Wife.

Monday, June 10, 2013

Sunrise & Burning Hide


Crisp early mornings had arrived, the ones where you can see your breath and hide your nose in your silk wild rag. 

You’re busy inside getting all of the things ready for the day. I grab his favorite bridle, a silver inlaid B/B bit, the headstall he had been wanting since our weekend getaway to Cody, WY.  A year had passed and the headstall still hung on the store wall.  I just happened to have the extra cash and picked it up for him.  Reins that had been braided by his Dad when he sat quiet at Elk Camp listening to the rain make music on top of the old tin camper. 

He had loaded up the horses, and waited for me in the driveway.

Don Edwards playing through the speakers and we both catch ourselves singing ‘Coyotes’.  We’re driving down I-25 watching the sun rise together.  Two nice horses in the trailer we could have never been able to afford if we didn’t start them ourselves. 

Branding season has come and gone, calves were doctored, young horses learned, and your older horses got even better. 
I will always be thankful for the sunrise and the burning hide that brings friends and neighbors together. 




No comments:

Post a Comment