About Me

My photo
I was raised in California, where my family ranched along with my parents raising us 5 kids, sometimes a few extra with them involved in foster care. I remember as a little girl how I loved watching my Dad ride...especially the gritty horses. He has a special way with horses. I knew from a kid that I wanted to marry a Cowboy...so I did. Although I haven't been a Wyoming Wife for long, my husband and I live an exciting life together. Not only are we partners but were the best of friends. These are going to be stories which include my emotions (which as a female they seem to be on the fritz sometimes!), days gone bad, and days that ended absolutely perfect. All in all...this is just a journal of my crazy, beautiful life as a Wyoming Wife.

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Advice from a big sister to a little sister

As your high school graduation approaches you're going to be off in a big world and for a little while it's going to be all about being free, finding yourself, making memories with friends, staying up late and probably drinking a little too much...and that's perfectly alright. 

I just want you to know these things-

Marry a man who will dance with you, wether it's in a loud bar dancing to some cover band, on the front porch with the music playing in front of your whole family or in the kitchen and your favorite song comes on the radio. Be with a man where you are unapologetically YOU and he is unapologetically HIM. 

Your siblings will be with you until your old, be nice to them while they are young. They will always be at every back yard barbecue and sometimes with a busy work schedule and growing up you really get to missing them. They're your first best friends and we should all be on the same team. 

Call your grandma and just tell her hello, we keep getting older but a grandma will always be the same. 

Listen to our Papas tell stories, it's stories of the good old days.  

Learn to be a good cook, everyone loves a cook. 

Always keep a little stash of cash somewhere safe for the days where you don't feel like yourself. A pedicure really is good for the soul and you can never get those cute little flowers painted perfectly at home. 

Spend money on nice jeans, the ones that make your butt look fabulous. Life is to short so go ahead and buy the purse too. 

Take care of your skin and never sleep in your makeup. 

When making big choices listen to Mom and Dad. They've been in the same place that you're in now. You don't even have to take their advice, but listen wholeheartedly. They love you and want the absolute best for you. 

Sometimes not having a lot money can be the most memorable times of your life. Papa always says the best recipes come from poor folks...and I believe that to be true. 

My porch light is always on, my house is always open and we can cuddle up on the couch anytime and watch chick flicks or girl code. I'll always be a phone call away and if you need it, I'll be a drive away to come whisk you away from all your troubles.

In this life I want you to find yourself, be confident in who you are, create and live carefree, travel and then settle down with the one you love but never forget where you came from and the special place that you call home. 


I love you little sis. 


"You're strong just like I prayed you be"




Love,

Jordy 









No comments:

Post a Comment